Volunteer opportunity description
This role would suit someone who has previous administrative experience and would like to contribute their skills to the NGO/charity sector. Are you interested or passionate about the United Nations and do you enjoy interacting with grassroots members and supporters?
We are a vibrant movement with over 20,000 members and supporters across the UK, over 60 local branches and over 40 youth branches at schools and universities. This volunteer will help maintain and update our database of these contacts.
- Communicating with members and supporters: renewing their membership subscriptions, thanking them for their donations, registering them for our events and answering their enquiries.
- Preparing for special events: sending invitations via email and post, collating responses and making guest lists.
- Reception duties: answering the main telephone and dealing with general enquiries, greeting visitors.
- Data entry: maintaining and updating our contact database, including processing financial transactions.
- UNA-UK, its networks and the services we offer our members and supporters
- Learning how to use our industry standard contact database to: update and amend supporters’ records; enter financial transactions and register attendees for events.
The volunteer will be supported by the Administrative team and will be part of a small, dynamic UNA-UK team, which currently comprises nine staff members and 4 part-time volunteers.
- Commit to a mutually agreed volunteering timetable
- Conduct themselves with respect to UNA-UK’s aims, objectives and values
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance from our London office located in the Whitehall area.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times