Volunteer opportunity description
We are looking for a highly organised person who can help us raise the funds necessary to increase awareness of Crimestoppers and the services we provide.
We are an independent charity helping law enforcement to locate criminals and help solve crimes. We have an anonymous 24/7 phone number, 0800 555 111, that people can call to pass on information about crime; alternatively people can send us information anonymously via our Giving Information Form. You don't have to give your name or any of your personal details. We do not trace calls or track IP addresses.
We are looking to recruit a Volunteer Fundraiser to be part of a new South West London Committee. The Committee will be responsible for fundraising, campaigning, and raising awareness of issues that affect local residents. We need a person with enthusiasm who is able to offer sufficient time each month to contribute to at least one volunteer meeting in the London Borough of Wandsworth.
The ability to network is paramount for this role, since success in the role depends heavily on being able to forge positive relationships with supporters and funding organisations.
Fundraisers also work to raise awareness of the charity's work, aims and goals.
· Identify sources of funding and take action to help secure this funding
· Plan and deliver local events and activities to raise funds and awareness
· Comply with all relevant legal requirements such as health and safety legislation for fundraising events
· To maintain a positive engagement with existing and past funders
· Comfortable with speaking to senior representatives of third-party organisations and the ability to deliver verbal and written presentations to potential funders.
· Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills.
· Good organisational and research skills; able to work alone.
· Excellent knowledge of the organisation’s strategies and plans (or a clear ability to learn this quickly).
· Able to commit sufficient time to make the role successful; this may require working evenings and weekends and travel throughout the area covered by your committee.
· Knowledge and understanding of the geographic area supported by the Committee.
· Commitment to the policies, procedures, goals and values of the charity
· Good written and verbal communication skills with a professional and friendly telephone manner
· Computer literate (MS-Word, Excel, email, etc.) with own access to a computer & internet
· Previous fundraising experience would be a bonus
· Interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships
· Persistence and innovation, able to negotiate with and persuade others
· To offer sufficient time each month to coordinate fundraising activity and identify new sources of funding. Due to the nature of this role the amount of time needed will vary from week to week, but is likely to require 2+ hours per week (to be agreed with the Chair of your local volunteer group).
· This is predominantly a "working from home" position, but may involve travel across the area covered by your committee. Potential funders could be based in any location in your committee area and events could also take place across your region, so you need to be able to travel to these locations easily.
· Own transport preferred as public transport may not be readily available when needed.
· There may be the opportunity to attend other events or activities associated with the charity if wished.
The role will be supported through:
· Regular contact with the local committee Chair
· Access to Fundraising Team at CS Central Office
· Reasonable out of pocket expenses to fulfil essential activities will be reimbursed
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times