Volunteer opportunity description
A fantastic opportunity to Chair a Board of six existing Trustees and bring complimentary skills to maximise the potential of our innovative Charity.
· Lead the Board of Trustees and the Organisation to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
· To ensure an effective relationship between:
o the Board, staff, volunteers and the Volunteer Committee
o the Board and the external stakeholders/community
· Act as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
· To work alongside and support the CEO.
· Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
· Chair effective Board meetings ensuring:
o Agendas are produced.
o A balance is struck between time-keeping and space for discussions.
o Business is dealt with and decisions made.
o Decisions, actions and deliberations are adequately minuted.
o The implementation of decisions is clearly assigned and monitored.
· Ensure adequate support and supervision arrangements are made for the CEO, Volunteer Action Committee and staff.
· Attend regular meetings with the Volunteer Action Committee to discuss their proposals and effectiveness
· Produce the annual report for the accounts
· Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
· A willingness to work alongside the CEO to deliver the charity’s objectives and future plans
· Possesses tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
· Public speaking/presentation skills
· Possesses relevant knowledge, experience and networking connections.
· Has the relevant skills and experience to run a meeting well.
Our volunteer needs
We need volunteers who are free at these times